Owing to efforts of Heydar Aliyev in Azerbaijan there was held international forum for restoring and developing of Great Silk route, in which representatives of 42 countries of the world took participation, among whom 8 were represented by presidents. As H.Aliyev noticed at this forum on September, 1998: "Baku summit will play its historical role in decision of co-operation, provision with peace, prosperity in every country and all Eurasian space".
The main purposes of developing of Great Silk Route are expressed in the following:
· Developing of trade-economic relations of the regional countries;
· Developing of transport connections of international transportation of trucks and passengers;
· Creation of propitious conditions for transit transportation;
· Acceleration of delivery terms and saving of transported truck;
· Harmonization of transport policy;
· Privileges on tariffs on transportation and collection of taxes;
· Coordination of relationships between different fields of transport;
· Tariff policy on international and internal tariffs on truck and passenger transportation;
· Development of the programs of coordinated actions for organization of multi-modal (combined) transportation.
It must be noticed that geographic situation of Azerbaijan and its role in Great Silk route are one of the main (central), if take into consideration the fact that there are well developed all kinds of transports and main roads (air, sea and automobile) in the republic.
20 october 2017, 12:20Ilham Aliyev attends the Summit as a special guest
19 october 2017, 20:00Ilham Aliyev met with Iranian First Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri in Istanbul
19 october 2017, 18:12Ilham Aliyev arrived in Turkey for visit
19 october 2017, 09:50Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by first vice prime minister of Ukraine
18 october 2017, 18:10Ilham Aliyev received participants of 78th session of CIS Council of Border Troops Commanders
18 october 2017, 10:40Ilham Aliyev received Polish Foreign Minister
© 2010-2015 Official website of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. All rights reserved.
This website is managed by Press Service of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Political Analysis and Information Support Department of the Administration of the President.